Contest is closed.
Please check back for future opportunities.
To enter our scholarship essay competition, answer the following question in 500 words or less:
Why is North Carolina’s “accident” rule a potential problem for injured workers?
Please provide legal examples for your argument.
What are the eligibility requirements for this scholarship?
- You must be a U.S. resident or resident alien who is currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university and have a valid student ID.
- Your essay must be unique, written by the scholarship application signator and not submitted anywhere else.
- Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the Wilder Law Group Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules (PDF) along with your submission.
- Only 1 submission per student (per contest) will be considered.
How can you apply for our scholarship?
Submit your signed/completed application and essay via email by the deadline noted above.
When will you select a winner?
Once we’ve received all applications and essays submitted within the deadline, our judges will review all essays and select a winner up to 6 weeks after the submission deadline. While only 1 winner will be awarded the scholarship prize, we may feature other frontrunners on our blog.
What else should I know about this scholarship essay contest?
Regarding ownership of entries, we reserve full rights to all essays submitted to the Wilder Law Group, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated with the submission. This means that when you submit an entry, you are acknowledging that we own all rights to publish and promote the content you’ve submitted.
Also, on the application form, all applicants give us consent to use their name, school or university they attend, and the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
*The information collected from applicants will not be used to solicit them for business or sold to third-party solicitors.*
Do you have any guidelines or tips?
The judges, who read thousands of essays, have provided some key tips that will help you write a high quality essay.
- Answer the question. Submissions that don’t answer the question will be disqualified.
- Plan your essay and think through your point of view. The judges know if you just wing it.
- Reference resources in your essay and include citations.
- Use language that is simple to understand. Think 7th grade reading level.
- Use paragraphs and white space to separate your ideas.
- Come close to the word count requirement. Essays with a count of 50 words below or above the requirement will be disqualified.
- Use a tool like Grammarly to check your work. Free versions are often available.
- Read your essay out loud. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to the judges.
- Submit your essay as a Word document. Other formats will be disqualified.
About Wilder Law Group
Wilder Law Group is a Charlotte-based boutique law firm specializing in representing injured workers, motor vehicle crash victims and litigants in other complex civil cases across North and South Carolina. Workers’ compensation law, in particular, is riddled with complicated legal procedures and strict deadlines. Our nationally recognized North Carolina State Bar board-certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists help injured workers and their families navigate this legal obstacle course in order to get the maximum benefits they are entitled to.
We’re passionate about helping people, and we treat each and every client as part of the family. We’ve seen first-hand how the loved ones of injured workers suffer, too. While the injured worker is most affected physically and emotionally, their family often suffers financially—resulting in missed opportunities and limited options.
For this reason, we feel privileged to be in a position to run a privately-funded nationwide scholarship program to help give students a leg-up in paying for their higher education.
Meet our attorneys
Established in 2018 to serve injured workers in North and South Carolina, the Wilder Pantazis Law Group is powered by a team of tried and tested attorneys with decades of experience successfully handling cases across the region. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of legal services in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury, and complex civil litigation.