Attorney Annemarie Pantazis is a Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, a distinction held by a select few North Carolina lawyers. She is the author of several publications on workers’ compensation, and frequently teaches continuing legal education classes on the subject.
Originally from the suburbs of Washington, D.C., Annemarie is the oldest of 3 children born to parents of Greek and Sicilian heritage. Introduced to the law at an early age, she worked for an estate planning attorney through high school and summers in college, where she learned early on that it’s important to take risks in both your career and in your personal life.
Annemarie earned her B.A. from the College of William & Mary in 1994, and her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1999, where she was a published member of the Wake Forest Law Review and Chief Justice of the Moot Court Board. After law school, Ms. Pantazis joined a firm defending workers’ compensation and personal injury claims.
“I finally realized that I loved law,” said Ms. Pantazis. In 2002, Annemarie left the defense side to devote her career to representing those who have suffered work-related and other injuries in North Carolina.
Annemarie is licensed to practice law in all state courts in North Carolina, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Annemarie currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), which is a nationwide organization of workers’ compensation advocates. She’s also a member of the Executive Committee for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), which is a statewide organization of trial attorneys. In addition, she served on the NCAJ Board of Governors from 2008-2014.
Outside of law, Annemarie’s interests include politics, traveling and sports. She was the captain of her college rugby team and earned All-State honors at her position. She is still an athlete and sports devotee. She is an avid Carolina Panthers fan, and enjoys yoga, Crossfit and running.
Client Reviews & Testimonials
“Annemarie is a lawyer that stands out amongst lawyers. She is there for your benefit. She has helped me with my workers’ comp case and I am more than satisfied. Very personable, very professional and, most of all, a fantastic counselor.”
– John C
“Ms. Pantazis breaks the mold of the normal attorney. You don’t feel like you need a shower after talking to her. She is friendly, honest and truly cares about her clients. Things didn’t go as well as I wanted but would’ve been worse with anyone other than Annemarie.”
– William Gross
“Annemarie guided, supported and handled a catastrophic injury workers’ comp case for me. She was undeniably on my side and handled the case quickly and efficiently. She is a very knowledgeable and personable individual.”
Professional Honors & Recognitions
- US News Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year Award – Workers’ Compensation Claimants” (2019)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Attorneys in Charlotte (2018-2021)
- Lawyers Weekly Leaders in the Law Award (2017)
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in North Carolina (2015-2016, 2018-2021)
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Attorneys in North Carolina (2015-2021)
- Super Lawyers Recognition in the area of Workers’ Compensation (2014-2020)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG) Rising Star Award (2013)
- AVVO Client’s Choice Recognition in Workers’ Compensation and 10.0 “Superb” Rating
- “Rising Star” by North Carolina Super Lawyers (2009-2013)
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award (2011)
- “Top Young Lawyer” recognition by Charlotte Magazine
- Best of Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Award (2010)
- “Standout Charlottean” Award by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2010)
- Ranked #30 Small Business in NC by Business Leader Magazine
- Named Top 300 Small Businesses in the South by Business Leader Magazine
- NC Advocates for Justice Order of Service Award Winner (2009-2017)
- National Association of Professional Women Award Winner
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 100 NC Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 50 Female Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 25 Charlotte Attorneys
Professional Memberships & Certifications
North Carolina State Bar (admitted in 1999)
- Workers’ Compensation Specialization Committee Member
- Responsible for Drafting Questions and Grading Specialized Exam
Mecklenburg County Bar
- Small and Solo Practice Committee
North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Executive Committee Member (2009 – Present)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Chair (2017-2018)
- Workers’ Compensation Legislative Committee (2016-2018)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Officer (2015-2017)
- PAC Committee Member (2013-2016)
- NCAJ Board of Governors (2008-2014, 2017-2018)
- Annual Convention Co-Chair (2012)
NC Dispute Resolution Commissions
- Workers’ Compensation Mediator (March 2019 – Present)
North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA)
- Workers’ Compensation Section (2002-Present)
- Workers’ Compensation Council Member (2015-2018)
Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Executive Committee Member (2009-Present)
- Nomination Committee
- Membership Committee
- Annual CLE Committee
- Annual CLE Co-Chair (2014)
American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Workers’ Compensation Section
Bobbitt Inn of Court
Southern Trial Lawyers Association (STLA)
Charlotte Women’s Bar
Understanding your rights is half the battle — and the Wilder Pantazis Law Group can help you obtain the benefits you deserve.